Friday, February 20, 2009

meet me in montauk


Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is one of my all time favorite movies and will always be....I think what I love most about the movie (besides the acting, the sets, and the directing) is the overall plot. that basically no matter what happens you will end up with the person you were meant to be with. I've always been a hopeless romantic and a firm believer in soul mates, so this movie was made for me. I don't consider this movie as a "romantic film". I still can't find a word to describe it...I guess if there was another word for dream...dream-like. idk.....it's so different from most movies and it doesn't have that obvious "boy and girl meet then stay together forever." I remember the first time I watched it (with my ex-bf-still-good-friend) I was sooo confused and kept asking a bunch of questions, but instead of explaining to me what was going on and why, he kept saying "Just watch it" which was really frustrating, because I'm the kind of person who hates not knowing what is going on, especially in a movie. But I'm glad he did that, because it made the ending that much better.....I was so happy! it reminded me of when I watched Stranger Than Fiction for the first time and cried at the end because I was so happy (so sad I know).

I love the thought that there is someone out there that I'm meant to be with and possibly spend the rest of my life with......I'm always wondering who that person is...have I met him already, if not how much longer til I do? how will I know it's him? That's the hard part about this whole "soul mate" business...it's so vague...I like to think that if it were a painting it would be a really blurry Impression painting, you know there's an image in the painting somewhere, but it's so fuzzy you can't make out anything...just colors. Love is like that too....I've loved ppl, but I've only been IN love once.....I love and miss that feeling..it was a natural high...that probably sounds weird, but that's ok.

No comments: