Sunday, February 21, 2010

can't think of a title


I’ve been writing this post in my head the past few days, just now getting to posting as a result of my laziness.

Guess I’m out of my funk..kinda a little…I must say I’m officially really done with people’s bullshit. I don’t really mean people as in plural of a person, just one person in particular. Niave little me thought that regardless of my relationship past/current/what could have been with a person they wouldn’t continuously treat me like I was some run of the mill chick who didn’t mean anything to them. I’m done. Past done. i’m delete your # from my phone after almost 3 years done. When I talked to Bree about this for the thousandth time she mentioned that I just need to find a guy that will take my mind off things. I agree somewhat with that, but at the same time I believe that it’s very important to me that I get over things on my own (besides the advice from friends and family) because like now, I’m not always going to have a guy to rely on to boost me up emotionally and all that jazz entailed with moving past someone. As hard as it is to get over someone who held such an important place in your heart for so long, I’d like to do it on my own..it’s been tough, but I know I’m stronger because of it. This whole thing has DEFINITELY affected how I approach my relationships with guys now..but in a positive way.

Moving on I guess…so Friday I decided to change my career path again..kind of…I have decided to study African Art in grad school. I’ve always liked it…but I think I don’t need a standard foreign language for real to study it…is that rude? It probably is if that’s a key reason to want to study African Art. Oh well. Just another idea to ponder.

Last night was Angelica’s 22nd birthday celebration..it was soo much fun!! I actually ate a whole sushi roll..all by myself!! (this is a pretty good feat for me considering sushi and I have never really been friends) however I did learn that it’s not a good idea for someone who never eats sushi to eat sushi then drink alcohol and dance right after. Well lesson learned, my stomach was killing me last night. But I still had a good time, we got a dance party going in the middle of the bar..it was pretty awesome.









Guess that’s all for now…I currently have a migraine..not a brain aneurysm (thanks google) so I’m gonna go nurse that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"As hard as it is to get over someone who held such an important place in your heart for so long, I’d like to do it on my own..it’s been tough, but I know I’m stronger because of it. This whole thing has DEFINITELY affected how I approach my relationships with guys now..but in a positive way."
I think that is the utility & didactic nature of our past...in terms of its lessons amplifying our yet born tomorrows. Our hearts are iron-strong, unbending to heartaches or heartbrokenness…if not, let us align them in such a manner.
Yay for African Art. Even for an African like myself, I do not necessarily have a good grasp on African art, but I am glad you’ve elected such a path for your graduate school career. For someone presently exiled in GradSchool, I look forward to reading your experiences, even if u decide to alter your topic.